Xiaomi has been doing spectacular in terms of convenience and features and with this it is ready to launch its first offline retail smartphone Redmi 3S Plus. It is almost identical to one of the previous launch Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime but has a difference in memory with inbuilt memory of 2GB RAM. The phone will be available exclusively through offline retail store in India and is priced at Rs 9,499 with best buy of Rs 8,799. The retail stores are filling their shelves and the sale of the phone is officially going to start from Saturday.
Feature Highlights of the phone:
• It is powered by superior Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC processor for high end performance and is to run on MIUI 8 interface.
• It comes with a HD display screen of 5 inch and has a screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixel for better clarity.
• It sports a rear camera of 13-megapixel with required camera amenities and features and also features a selfie clicker of 5-megapixel.
• It is similar to Redmi 3S but the only difference is in its memory size. The new launch is to have an inbuilt memory of 2GB RAM along with 32GB ROM storage space.
• It also flaunts a fingerprint scanner for ease of access and convenience via the home button.
Reason behind the launch:
Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Plus are almost similar with just difference in memory size and may be considered as a launch of not of pivotal importance. The whole point of exclusive offline retail sale of the phone may be due to Xiaomi’s attempt to expand offline presence and give the offline retailers flexibility of selling the product to the customers. The phone has launch price and best buy price both and with this the offline retailers can enjoy flexible pricing with the “Best buy price”. It is not available for any other phones from Xiaomi in offline retail sale. It is an effort made by Xiaomi to keep offline retailers at par and give them the privilege to work without competing with online competitor’s at least for one model.
The Xiaomi phone launched only for offline retail stores may be a boost for offline retailers and also help customers who don’t have access to online stores. The offline retailers are pretty pumped up with Xiaomi’s decision to sell the phone without online medium and the market sale starts from 1st October onwards.