Launching iPhone 7, Apple has discontinued the models having 16GB storage capacity and replaced with 32GB. This is considered as the biggest user objection that Apple approved for its smartphones. The existing models having 16GB storage capacity are upgraded to 32GB except iPhone SE.
With the launching declaration of iPhone 7, Apple has discontinued the iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models which will not be found on the company’s official webpage. Though no longer viewed on the company’s website these models would be available in Indian market via third party retailers until the stocks last.
• Users can avail the new iPhone 7 with 32GB and 128GB storage capacity.The highest storage capacity in the model is 256GB.
• Instead of 16/64GB storage capacity, iPhone 6S Plus and 6S will be available with 128GB and 32GB storage capacity respectively.
• Earlier this year iPhone SE launched which having storage capacity of 16GB and 64GB as before. iPhone 7 was priced $649-Rs 43,000 with the storage capacity of 32GB while the same model was priced $769-Rs 51,000 for the US market.
• The iPhone 7 with storage 128GB would be available in the market of US at $749 whereas the 256GB storage model would be tagged at $849.
• The iPhone 7 Plus with 128GB storage will be available at $869 and the model with storage 256GB will be available at $969.
The Expected Price of iPhone 7:
Apple hasn’t yet declared the exact price of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models but has declared that the starting price of iPhone 7 in India would be Rs 60,000. The expected date of launching the iPhone 7 in India is October 7th.
Reason behind such amendment:
The storage issue was a criticism for Apple as out of the 16GB storage, only 12GB was available for users that were used for retailer apps, pictures, videos, tracks and other information.Apple evaluated the fact and found along with such issue, there was a problem with 4K video recording functionality.It was indeed difficult to manage the storage with 4K video recording capabilities.